6-week training plan developing pedal efficiency and cycling fitness:
- The aim of my 6-week training program is to get you started in cycling in the right way and as well as your fitness the program will focus on your pedal efficiency by the end of this starter plan so by the 6-week you will riding in relaxed and effective way and be confident to go to the next level.
- Most people learn to ride a bike at a young age but what we aim to do in this starter plan is build your confidence by showing you how to ride in an efficient way so all your power is delivered to the pedal, but also being relaxed on the bike.
- Most of the mid-week sessions are no more than 90min long which you can do in the evenings or on the home trainer. Once you have completed the 6-weeks plan you should be able to complete 50 miles without any trouble and you should be ready to progress to the Bryan Steel community program.
Bryan Steel’s ‘Essential guide to starting cycling’:
- Alongside your 6-week training plan I have put together some tips and advice to make sure you are as ready as you can be for your event or cycling challenge, but more importantly, you have a challenging but enjoyable experience.
- The essential guide will just you the right level of support to start riding a bike with setting up you position, what you should take with you and some advice on your first training session.
- The guide also gives you some tips for before and after your session so you are ready to training and how to best recover for your next session.
- With my partners and supporters, we will make sure you have the right fitness level, skill level, equipment and support to make sure you are challenged but at the same time have an amazing time. The essential guides will support you in the following areas:
- Bike and equipment
- Riding position setup
- Riding advice
- Training plan (supplied separately according to your needs)
- Advice for the ride
- How to get ready the day before
- How to get your bike ready
- What to do on the day.
Invitation to monthly group ride:
- Each month we have a group ride and where we meet for a coffee before we head out for a ride and on our return, we can socialise after a relaxed enjoyable ride.
- On each group ride we have a structure of bronze, silver and gold groups with 3 routes designed to suit everyone’s abilities and each group has a trained rider leader so there will be support for rider of all levels.
- All the riders leave together and after a set point the bronze leader turn with their riders to head towards home and a little later in the ride the silver leader does the same before the gold riders head off to complete the longer route.
- During the ride there will be always a rider at the front setting the right pace, one at the back making sure we stay together and for the first part a rider floating around helping riders but we also have an extra lead rider so we are able to help riders of all levels during the ride.
- We try to make sure that all groups arrive back at around the same time, so everyone is able to social after the ride. This means everyone one has a great ride to their level but has the opportunity to progress to the next level and if they are feeling good or having an off day, they are able to ride in the right group for them on the day.
- The most common question we get about these rides is what the average speed and we are also say the leader of each group will go the speed of the group and we have the golden rule of if the riders behind are not talking then we are going to fast as this ride is for all levels and social.
Regular newsletter and blog:
- Each fortnight we send out you a short newsletter and let you know what is happening at Bryan Steel but mainly to give you the latest develops to help you on your cycling journey.
- Each fortnight we will tell you about the latest news of what happened in the week before events and training session along with what is coming up the following week so you may be able to join them, we will tell you about other people’s journey along with the latest tips and advice to help your cycling.
- We will also tell you about out latest partners and special offer they are offering as being part of Bryan Steel membership.
Discounts from Bryan Steel Partners:
- We know be an engage member you are new to the sport so we have put together a range of partners to support you in achieving your cycling goals.
- Each one of our partners have been personally selected to help you with discount codes or advise to help you start but develop into cycling in the right way.
- We have following partners for you to access.
- 50% discount with MyZone heartrate monitor
- 10% discount with Torq Nurition
- 15% discount with Ice Is emergency information bracelet
- 20% discount with Megmeister undervests
- 20% discount with British bike hire
- 5% discount with BikeZaar for online bike and equipment
- 10% discount with Yellow Jersey insurance
- 10% discount with Wattzone indoor cycle studio
Ask Bryan and his team your questions about training, nutrition and getting going with your first ride:
- We know you are starting your cycling journey and most things will be new to you, so Bryan and the team are on hand to answer any questions you have or there is something you don’t understand.
- We are going on this journey maybe for the first time and we are here to help you achieving your goal, so we like to think we are with on every turn of the wheel but we know we can’t join you on every ride but through email and social media we can be there to help answer any question or problem you may have.
Access to the Bryan Steel Facebook page for training tips, advice, forum and Q&A:
- It’s easy to think you are doing this alone but at Bryan Steel we have others who are going the same or riders who have gone through the same things. So our private Facebook page has been set up so people can share experiences and share how they were able to overcome any problems.
- This is a good forum to ask questions or tell us about your latest news, but Bryan and the team are also on hand here to give you advice, share tip and answer any questions.